When I got home Friday night I had time to put on a coat of polyurethane on my red benches and then I went to bed. On Saturday I painted most of the day straight. This project is tedious and time consuming and exhausting. This week I just need to paint the bottom of the table and the benches and a couple chairs white and then put on three coats of polyurethane on them. Phew! I don't even know if it's going to look good when it's done. I think I'm hoping that my imperfect work will look "rustic" rather than "homespun." We'll see!
Kelsey and Justin have been here today since around 12:00. They have an early morning flight to catch in the morning. I think after the kids go to bed we may play a mean game of Settlers of Catan. Wish me luck finishing this dang kitchen furniture transformation. I need stamina to power through.
|I painted my bar stools red. I used homemade chalk paint. I hope the claim is true about not needing to sand or prime. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks if all of the paint chips off. I stained the top of the benches dark.|
|I tried to strip the kitchen table and it was so stinky!|
|As you can see it wasn't really working. I went to Home Depot for a consult and they just told me to sand it down.|
|I sanded it down in the house! Look at the dust pile on the piano. This is a summer, outdoor project!|
|I had to quarantine the kids while I was using the stripper on the table. This is a summer, outdoor project!|
|My mom having some bonding time with the kids, (forcing them to sing with her on the piano). Ha.|